At the restaurant, how can you help reduce food waste?
- Whenever possible, reserve your meal.
- Avoid overfilling your plate with food that you are unlikely to consume.
At home, how can you reduce food waste?
- Draw up a shopping list according to household consumption and taking into account the food you already have.
- Go shopping with time and without hunger, in order to purchase only what is really necessary.
- Check the expiry dates of products. During storage, in the pantry and in the fridge, arrange the products with the shortest sell-by dates in the most accessible areas.
- Cook only the necessary amount and use leftovers. If you are not going to eat it in the following days, choose to freeze it!
How can you reuse leftovers?
Leftovers of meat and fish
Vegetable cooking water
Fruit peel and leftovers
Wilted vegetable stalks and leaves
Did you know…
1/3 of all the food produced in the world is wasted?
What will you do today?
Share this page on social media and help us raise awareness about food waste.
Millet is a whole grain cereal with several environmental advantages Highly adaptable and climate resistant, millet can survive difficult growing conditions.Millet can be an innovative alternative in your recipes as a good source of: Protein Fibre Magnesium Folate...
Tomato: Outdoor vs Greenhouse
Composição, características e benefícios O tomate caracteriza-se pela sua versatilidade e pela presença em inúmeras receitas tradicionais e mediterrânicas. Pode ser consumido “em natureza”, tomate pelado ou em polpa, sendo que existem diversas variedades como, por...
Vegetarian vs Meat
What is the origin of greenhouse gases resulting from meat production? Animal feed, including agricultural phase (plant species) Biological gases from animal metabolism Climate control in stables Transport Industrial processes (e.g. cutting) Where do greenhouse...